2018 Timbits Wrap Up Coaches and Managers Information
The GELC is happy to host the Timbits Wrap Up weekend June 16th and 17th 2018 at the East Soccer Centre in Edmonton.
Soccer Centre Address:
ADDRESS 12720 Victoria Trail NW
- All coaches, players and officials must sign off on a soccer centre waiver, please bring your teams all together and drop at the GELC administration table in the lobby.
Adult Waiver can be found here
Minor Waiver can be found here
- All coaches and officials on the floor for games are required to wear a helmet. Dressing room assignments for the tykes will be on the TVs at the entrance to the left.
- Dressing room assignments for the Mini tykes will be found on the Board. Tyke teams are required to share dressing rooms, as there are four teams on the floor at one time we would request home teams to share with home teams and visitors to share with visitors. You may not leave any items in the dressing rooms between games. We would request only one adult accompanying players to the dressing rooms t mini tykes due to numbers of players in dressing rooms at one time.
- Fans are not permitted to stand down the hallways to the dressing rooms please remind your parents and liaisons of this.
- All teams are to be checked in prior to their first game at the GELC administration table.
- All teams are required to bring at one time the required waivers for their teams, signed by parents or legal guardians and witnessed at time of signing.
- Home teams at the completion of the game are required to drop off the game sheet for the game at the administration table.
- League rules apply to all games.
- Team Spectator Liaisons are required at all games and must have their badges visible at all times.
- Prior to your last tournament game have your manager or coach stop at the administration table where you will receive a team package of medallions and t shirts based on the orders received by the office for your team. A very limited number of t shirts will be available to make exchanges from if required, but please be reminded if a player has put the shirt on after the game we will be unable to exchange.
- Teams must wear their Timbits Jerseys, with the exception of Grande Prairie and Camrose.
Please note that the following questions have been raised this is not a tournament it is the last three league games of the season with year end awards, please supply your required help in the box.
From the Officials
I have had seen several emails in the past week regarding tyke rules and procedures. Tyke will follow the rules set forth in the CLA Rulebook Appendix E, Option L!
Although I find this confusion very concerning in June, I will reiterate the following important points for Tyke lacrosse in Alberta this season:
- All Tyke games will be played on full floor, with 2 referees for every game. No games will be played without referees, or with only 1 referee. No exceptions.
- All penalties in tyke are to be served in the penalty box, and all details recorded on the game sheet
- Face-offs will happen after every goal
- Fall Back Rule will apply in all tyke games
- There is NO SHOT CLOCK in tyke (ALA Rule)
- Contact will only be permitted as “place and push” - all body-checking or deliberate body contact shall result in a 2 minute roughing penalty, unless covered by another rule
- No games shall run a 3-minute line change buzzer, as done in years past. All changes are to be performed on-the-fly or during stoppages.
- Score clock is not to display a spread of more than 5 goals
Please review the LTAD guide here: http://albertalacrosserefs.com/files/uploaded_documents/3758/2018_LTAD_PDF.pdf - I suggest saving this file to your phone for quick reference!
Thanks, and have a great remainder of the season!
ALA Manager of Officiating